Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can limit the Bandwidth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcasta

Technical User
Aug 8, 2002
CA
Why would you want to limit on bandwidth? Need to limit on a per subnet basis? Could you elaborate on what you intend to do?

Committed Access Rate and Traffic Shaping may be what you are looking for. Can't tell now until you let know a bit more.

best regards,

Hey there! I'm new in this section and in those router thingy :( I'm trying to get a router up wiv my conf. But cud u guys plz tell me how can I put a limit on bandwidth and if I have two routers on a same network do I need to excute a command on both side to make it up? or is there anyother way I can make it work?
I know I might sound weird but plz try to get the sense from my words.

Cheers-

Well, here's what I want:
My main ISP has has a VSAT to provide internet connections k? now we have a Radio link here at my house to use internet, well, our house is 30 km away from the ISP VSAT and we're using a wireless protocol to get connected wiv the backbone thru our ISP.that case we have two routers on both side, one in the ISP and one at my house. The ISP is providing us only wiv the bandwidth. And the thing we're doing is sharing that bandwidth between sum users here, whom r connected to a hub and the hub is connected to the router. I don't have any technical knowledge on it; i hope u'll get what I say. Now the users are using as much as bandwidth they need. The ISP has also not putting any limit on the Bandwidth. So all I want to know is how can put a limitation on Bandwidth? say the users will only have 256KB in total.

that would be called policing

what kind of router do you have, we need to make sure that you can do it first..

BuckWeet

I have similar question. I want to limit bandwidth on a user or ip basis. Could that be done. I am running a 2620 with IOS 12.3. Thank in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back