Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can Istart a Workflow using OScript 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarsHw

Programmer
Jun 8, 2004
DE
Hello,

has anybody an idea how to start a workflow and add some attachments in an oscript modul? I know that there are the WAPI and $WFMain functions but the documentation only describes the functions and not how to use them?

Greetings

Lars

Well the best way to do it is in a custom module something that they give in the builder class called wfcustom.It is part of the workflow customization fundamentals course book.I only have a hard copy hence I cannot share it electronically.You will start building it by orphaning all the wanted classes or if you search in KB you should be able to find a good script called MakeNewModule.lxe or somewhat like that which orphans the needed classes or shell for your new module.Now it is only a metter of finding the right WAPI calls.In fact KB has a posting by user 'dnalls' who has written the same.It is a set of three scripts one gets a workflow attribute,one sets a workflow attribute,and one initiates one.If you trace that code you should be able to find the defined attachment dtree dataid and bingo
If you need assitance offline write me at appoos@hotmail.com
administrator@nairkn.com

Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes.
Mahatma Gandhi

appnair

Hi appnair,

it works very well :-D

Thanks a lot

Lars

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back