Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I view the raw text of a message in Outlook

Status
Not open for further replies.

dougconran

Technical User
Sep 26, 2003
GB
Hi, I need to be able to view the complete raw text of a message, including the headers, body and any attachments.

Outlook Express offers the ability to do that by clicking on File/Properties/Details/Message Source.

However, as far as I can see Outlook 2003 only allows you to see message headers.

Is there any way of being able to view the whole message in its raw text form in Outlook or is this progress :-(

Are you connecting to an Exchange server with Outlook 2003?

No. As it happens I'm connecting to a Linux mail server (postfix) but the server wasn't an issue with Outlook Express; I was able to view the raw text once the email had been downloaded to my PC.

dougconran:

If you only want to do this to a couple of emails just drag and drop the email to your desktop, right click it and choose 'Quick View'.

This could get tedious if you wanted to do it for all your emails though.

The key is to take control of the email from the Outlook database. When you're finished viewing it close Quickview and delete the mail from your desktop. You will still have a copy in Outlook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back