Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I use wildcards in a form text box? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanss

Technical User
Feb 15, 2001
CH
I have a FORM with a text box and a QUERY where the CRITERIA refers to this text box ([Forms]![Audit1]![history_location]). It works fine with single values like 115 but I would like to use operators in the text box as well. For example I would like to write this in the text: 115 OR 110

and then have the query act as if I had entered this directly in the query criteria:

"115" OR "110"

Would appreciate some ANY help.

Hanss
Switzerland

Hi Hanss,

As we helped you win the America's Cup then we will try to help you with this.

I think the simple answer is no. The criteria being passed is "115 or 110" and that is what is being evaluated by the query.

Possible solutions:

Another text box which you evaluate with the iif statement and if null set the value to [Forms]![Audit1]![history_location].

If the lenght of the number is consistant then you could try seperating the two numbers with a comma and then use instr to find the postion of the comma then the mid function.

Not as much help as Russel & Brad,

Dale,
New Zealand

Hi Dale!

Thank for your help with our Alinghi and of course with the question. I will try what you suggested. Basically what I want is a search field like the one at the top of this page, with an "All Words" search function. I will also try to find a VBS module that does this. I am sure that I am not the only one that wants this.

Many Thanks,
Hanss
Switzerland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back