Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I use a 1/8" Left/Right Report Page Margin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nonturbo

IS-IT--Management
Aug 27, 2001
US
When I go to File > Page Setup, I set my margins at .125 but when I go to the next field they reset to .25

I can make the margin LARGER then .25, but why would I want to!?

What gives? I've got a DeskJet printer, could that be the reason?

Can I set the margins through VBA to override the page setup? PLEASE give me an idea. Thanks!

The minimum margins are dictated by the print driver which is in turn dictated by the printable area on the page for that particular printer.

If you can't set the print margin closer to the edge of the page, your printer isn't capable of printing closer. Printers vary.

The only way you might try to 'override' it would be to use a different print driver than the one specified for your printer. Your results might not be nice. But you could try... :)

"The Key, The Whole Key, and Nothing But The Key, So Help Me Codd!"

Thanks for the reply. That's what I figured. Maybe now I can convince my boss to buy a Laser printer.

You might be able to fake it out by telling the printer you have a different size paper ("custom size") and going that route. If you tell a printer that you're printing on 9.5" by 12" paper, it might let you have a printable area of 8.75 inches or so. May depend on the printer, but the cost of trying is $ Zero.

Remember, you're unique - just like everyone else
You're invited to visit another free Access forum:
or my site,

The HP Laser Jets that I have used also have the .25" minimum margin (or even .33"!), so just getting a laser printer may not solve your problem either.

Great! Now you tell me. I just ordered a brand new HP LaserJet 4100 for the office to hopefully solve this problem. Ohh well, I'm sure we can put the Laser printer to good use spitting out all of the other reports we print out of this database as well. Does anyone here use Avery brand labels to print address labels through their Access database? Maybe someone can suggest a different style of label they have that a LJ4100 with Acesss can take advantage of the entire label size.
I'll let everyone know how it goes..
Thanks everyone!

UPDATE -
We got the LaserJet in today and it solved the problem, as I thought it would. RegionsRob - What model LJ's are you using? I can personally vouch that the 4100 series supports 1/8th inch or so.. I'm not at the office right now, but if anyone is interested, let me know and I'll post what the minimum margins are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back