Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I use 2 recordset data in Data Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

eepico

MIS
Jan 6, 2002
HK
Dear friends,

I would like to know how can I use 2 recordset data in one Data Report section? They are come with 2 independent SQL statements and I want to show them all in one section. How can I do that? I am using VB6SP? (I forgot which SP I got... :p)

Thank you!

I don't know if I am understanding you correctly but I do know that if you wish to use two different data sets in one form for report or display, you need two data controls

If you are creating the SQL statements, and they both contain the same fields, then why not use a UNION query?
e.g. SELECT * FROM Table1 UNION SELECT * FROM Table2

rgds
Andy

Sorry, something misleading you. What I want to do is putting 2 diff queries from 2 diff tables so I then have 2 diff recordsets put them inside one data report section. As you know repeatable label can only put in section1 and have only one data source from one single recordset.

Once I made 2 recordsets and 2 data sources in section1, I got error...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back