Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can I tell which version of 2K Server I have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfbtr

Technical User
Jun 16, 2004
US
Hello-
I inherited two servers and am told that one or maybe both are Small Business Server. How can I verify that?

thanks.

select properties of the start menu and choose to display the "large icon" or clear off "use small icon" then on the left hand strip it will show you what version you have

try that

it just says "Windows 2000 Server". Doesn't tell me what version.
thanks.

clik on START then RUN and type WINVER & clik OK.

or ver @ command prompt

Tezdread
"With every solution comes a new problem"

you should also be able to right click on My Computer and it will show you the OS and SP level.

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

all those just give a basic "windows 2000 ver. 5.00.xx"
none of them tell me if I'm running SBS or Enterprise or Standard. I knew those would tell me this part and the SP level, I just need to know if it's a SBS edition.

Do the servers have ISA?

Do they have any of the SBS Wizards?

Did the servers come with the required OS licenses?

I hope you find this post helpful. Please let me know if it was.

Regards,

Mark

i have the media/license for one server. nobody knows where the media is for the other server, and the licensijg doesn't match. I did find the SBS Wizards on one (the one without the media/license), but they had been moved so I didn't see them on first glance. The other one doesn't seem to have the SBS Wizards. So I guess I can assume the other one is a standad edition. But I'm still curious as to how I could tell, had I not found those wizards.
thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back