Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I tell which RAID

Status
Not open for further replies.

wyattnick

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2002
PG
I'm quite new to this. I have a Compaq Prolient ML350HP Server with 3 SCSI HD at 18.2 GB each. In the Disk Manager its all put together into one disk as Disk 0. displaying about 33.91 GB of which 10.39 GB is unallocated.

How do I tell what raid my disk is?

Thanks in advance.

If you have a Smartstart CD, boot with it and run the Compaq Array Configuration Utility. You can see the Arrays created and how they are configured. If you are running NT or W2K check under Programs -> Compaq to see if you have the Array Configuration Utility loaded.

Thought of another way, when booting your system press F8 when it is loading the SCSI controller (it should prompt you to press F8). You can then view Arrays.
*J*

I would be willing to bet that you are running RAID 5 since the math works for that config...

3 X 18GB - 18GB (for RAID 5) - equals ~36GB. Lose a few GB for the RAID overhead and you are right where you say you are.

You can also install the Array Config utility on your server so you can utilize it without rebooting off the SSCD.

Hope this helps.

::)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back