Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I tell if i have a CICS or a MICS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rmbbikes

IS-IT--Management
Jul 13, 2004
US
I have a customer that I can't get on site to actually look at the system. Currently they have 10 lines and 32 extensions. They want to add 2 more phones and I have a feeling they are full. From my research here I found that the max capacity for a MICS is 192 stations. How large can a CICS go? Also how can I walk the customer over the phone to get the info I need? I know how to get into programming and set up a system but the whole CICS thing and the MICS thing is throwing me.

Thanks,
Keith

well on the modular system you can just open the cover and look and it will say wether or not it's a modular system.

Newer systems can go to 224 stations. It's a trade off though, 12 trunks for 16 stations. The base cabinet is maxed out at 32 stations. It looks like they have a MICS with a trunk module. If they don't have a station module they would have to purchase it. For the system type they could go into Maint and get the system version.

I figured it out. Thanks to those who helped out. Turns out it is a MICS and i have a 2port fiber expansion card. I need a 16 port station module and i will be all set I think.

Plug in the fiber cable and go?

KB

The MICS weighs more!!! (sorry, I couldnt resist) CHADTEL is right though if you have any more than 24 stations its a MICS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back