Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I suppress the container report page header?

Status
Not open for further replies.

todder

Programmer
Jul 16, 2001
US
I have a container report with a page header and a subreport that does not require a page header.

Is there a way to suppress the container report page header whenever the subreport is printed?

You could create a shared variable that counts the number of records returned by the sub report. Then, in your container report, you could suppress the page header if the count of sub report records is greater than zero...

mmaz,

I tried your solution and it did not seem to work.

As a test, I displayed the shared variable that stores the number of records for the subreport in the container report page header and it is always zero.

I forgot to mention that the shared variable must be used below the sub report in order to return a value.

In which section is your sub report located?

Create a small section that prints just before the subreport, and put a formula in it that sets a variable to a specific value.
Suppress the PH based on the variable being that value. If you want, after the subreport is complete you can reset the variable to have the page header start printing again. Ken Hamady, On-site/Phone Crystal Reports Training/Consulting
Quick Reference Guide to using Crystal in VB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back