Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I store the image of a DVD disk on my PC and then view it? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

yalamo

Technical User
Sep 22, 2002
IL
I'm trying to do something that I thought would be simple (using Win XP SP2). but apparently isn't.

I have a number of DVD disks (home video, not commercial) that I want to back up on my external hard disk. I use Nero for burning DVD's, and I can use it for making an image of the DVD disk on my hard drive. However, I can't view this DVD image unless I burn it to another DVD disk.

What I want to do is put an image of the DVD disk on my hard drive, and then view it with something like Windows Media Player. This way, I have both the backup of the DVD on a hard drive, and in the future, if I want to make an optical disk media copy of it, I will be able to view it first, to make sure it's the DVD I want

Anyone know a cheap way to do this, without investing in expensive software?

My pleasure freestone. Glad to be of service.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back