Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I SET PRIN without an EJECT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amartureo

Programmer
May 1, 2002
US
Most of my printing needs are consistant with the automatic eject which occurs when the SET PRINT command is issued. But one of my printing needs is for a series of 2 or 3 lines at a time without an eject. I need to be able to SET PRIN TO, SET PRIN ON, SET PRIN OFF, then return later to the same printer with SET PRIN TO, SET PRIN ON and add more printed lines without ejecting the previous input. How do I suppress the EJECT.

amartureo,

It depends which version of VFP you are using, and also what mechanism you are using for your printing. Some recent versions have a NOEJECT option in the REPORT FORM command.

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

I'm not using report forms, just sending raw data:

SET PRINT TO
SET PRIN ON
? <info>
SET PRIN OFF

I want to be able to go back and send additional raw data to the same page.

Perhaps the problem is with using SET PRINTER TO multiple times. When you declare it and then clear it, I think that's where the new line is forced. Can you use SET PRINTER TO <destination> only once at the beginning and SET PRINTER TO once at the end? Then you can use SET PRINTER ON/OFF as often as you like in between.

Are you really using only the single question mark as indicated above?

? - print on a new line
?? - print on current line
??? - print on current line bypassing printer driver

I realize that my suggestion may not apply if you want to exit a routine or application and then from elsewhere redeclare the channel to the printer and still stay on the same line. While I haven't tested the above, feel free to test different configurations.

dbMark

You may want to consider sending your text to a memo field or a text file and then printing it when all of your text has been stored in the memo field or text file.

Don

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back