Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I send reports using MS Access XP via e-mail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbel

Programmer
Sep 11, 2003
CL
am a MS Access Database Developer in need of your help. I currently am working for a French company Coface Seguros Chile S.A. and have developed an application which deals with several clients. One of the problems that I have come accross is that I need to automate the sending of "Summary Reports: by date, by client" and cannot do so because in-house we have Lotus Notes Release 5.0.5 September 22, 2000 for sending/receiving emails. Is there a way in which I can send these and other reports,but NOT using Outlook as the e-mail channel? and if so what do you suggest? We are currently using MS Office XP Professional, thus Access.

Awaiting your responce A.S.A.P.

Best regards

Roberto Belmar
Information Advisor
Coface/Kompass Chile

I am sorry that there seems to be no good way to do this. Microsoft and interoperability...

You may need to make an app outside of Access that will email a document for you. I know that you can do this in Flash MX.

Once you have made your app that emails a document, you will need to call that app from Access by using application.FollowHyperlink.

DaltonVB

Thank you for your so prompt reply. I thought as much, this wasn't going to be easy.

Much Appreciate it anyway.

rbel

Microsoft gives you all you need to send e-mails in different ways with VB, VBA, VBscript, Jscript and more.

If you're planning to install your application on Windows 2000/XP I suggest you top use CDOSYS objects.

If you're planning to install it on Windows 95/98/Me use CDO objects.

No need to buy a book for that, just do a search for CDO Collaborative Objects and You'll find tons of documentation.

Another thing. On Windows 95/98/Me machines be sure to install Outlook Express, that installs all the libraries you need to do exactly what the mailer does.

Good luck,
Giorgio
ColombiasoftLogoSmall.gif
TECHNOLOGIES LTDA

for an easy way to send e-mail using access vba, try looking up automation for MS Outlook. there are a simple set of commands you can then use to create an e-mail, add text to it, add attachments, control who it goes to, and set the subject header. you might need to add something to your references under the "tools" menu for it to recognize the outlook functions, but the access/msdn help should give you everything else you need

- may seeds of dreams fall from my hands
and by yours be pressed into the ground

The reason these examples will not work is because he has to use lotus notes.

"Lotus Notes Release 5.0.5 September 22, 2000 for sending/receiving emails. "

I wanted to email a report from Access using Lotus notes and found this thread to be helpful:
thread705-640606

Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back