Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I see if my storage fibre channel library is seen under AIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrismous

Technical User
Sep 24, 2002
SE
My problem is that my storage library Adic Scalar100 connected through a scsi to fibre channel bridge and a switch in not seen under TSM 5.1 and so on I want to be sure that the system can see it.

Hello,
1) is the adapter available.
2) are you able to see up to the scsi to fiber bridge.
3) then are you able to see the end device.

The two drives in the library use the same fibre channel port and they are seen by the system. So it seem that the overall channel (scsi and fibre)is working good. I want know if there is a command to know if the library is seen (like lsdev -Cc tape for tapes).
Thanks

for fiber channer adapter try lscfg -vl fcsX where X is the number of ur adapter eg. fcs0

lsdev -Cc adapter this will output 2 u all adapters of ur machine

hope this will help u

Hi

As far I know there is no direct way to list the library (Autochanger, thats what you meant I beleive)within AIX. You need some software like Legato or Veritas to see the same. I am using the Legato with DLT7000 Library and this Legato is having a uitility called inquire which will list your drives and library.

JSiva Om Maha Ganapathiye Namaga!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back