Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I route 911 & 9911 to internal extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledfordb

Vendor
Aug 18, 2002
US
If anyone can provide me with insight as to a method to accomplish the following, I would be most appreciative.

Client needs to route 911 and 9911 calls to the security desk (internal extension). After the call is screened by security, local authorities will be notified by the security personnel.

This is a critical issue and I need some assistance at your earliest convenience. Many thanks in advance!!!!!

Needy Tech

Make 911 a local steering code, or phantom dn. Then either dmi or default call forward to the security desk dn you need. Then dial it and test - I suggest you document the success of this test.

For 9,911 - chances are 911 (or maybe just 9) will be a special number in LD90. Take a note of it. Create a new RLI but use the LTER prompt to ensure a local termination. Again, reference a dmi to change the dialled digits ( DEL 3, INST ? ) to the security desk dn. Point the SPN entry at your new locally terminating RLI then dial it and test as before.

Lastly, before changing any of this make certain that your building administrators have sanctioned this change, then pray that the security desk is not left unmanned when someone eventually needs emergency assistance.

K

I will test on my lab 11C before putting this in place. I will also cma by having a doc signed to release from any liability.

I will raise my ale glass in your honor this evening! Many, many thanks!

Forgot to mention, watch out for "911", if it does actually route out externally to the emergency services, then it's probably routing on the "11" part.

When a user dials 911, the initial "9" tells M1 that it's an external call ( AC1 or AC2 access code ), then it looks for the SPN match for the following digits "11". There may be a SPN catching the "11" and INST'ing a further 9 to correct the digit stream to "911" then out to the public exchange.

In such a case you would point the SPN 11 to an RLI with LTER - YES and a DMI, deleting 2 and inserting the required number for security.

K

i've done the same thing, either insert a did.. or build a route with one analog trunk, use a analog station for the trunk and have it auto yes to security,, spn 911 and spn 11 to an rlb pointed to that internal route..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

i've tested that on a working switch by testing 922,, or 811 or any 3 digit vancat nxx.. get that working then point 911 to the same rlb

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Guys, I appreciate your top notch help on this. I actually have a couple of sites that are wanting this application.

Not only will I drink a few ales in your honor but I will remove my hat as well.

Thanks a million!!

It's going pretty well, taking into account the database we were given. All in all, I believe we will survive.........

So, tek....where might you be these days?

B

Another CYA suggestion: see what the 911 law in your location says about intercepting or re-routing 911 calls. It's not allowed in some places.

We had our own on-site emergency response personnel, so we had to provide location information similar to the way E911 shows name and address. Our on-site personnel would then call local EMS or fire as needed, and tell the guards to let them in rather than shoot them!

This is for a maximum security prison for the criminaly insane, so I think it should be ok.

My facility was a nuclar power plant. Any emergency responders would be stopped by the guards at the gate unless they were aware the responders were supposed to be allowed inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back