Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can i revert computer policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsully

MIS
Sep 4, 2003
US
OK I guess i really screwed things up. In the process of testing a Group policy I changed everyone's policy.

It appears to only be the computer policy. I was testing with a 2003 Server. Everyone's desktop changed to the the Server 2003 theme. I am sure there are other changes but so far this is the only one that is apparent.

I'm not sure what other info to give so ask and ye shall receive.

David

Users.....not just for breakfast anymore!!

it seems as if the workstations have acquired the settings of the 2003 server. I cannot change the desktop theme to the default XP Blue. It just isn't there. any idea how i can get that back?

David

How did you change it in the first place, have you got a copy of the test GPO that you applied that changed the settings?

PCExpress,

sorry for the delay in my reply. I have been busy lately.

I opened AD with the 2003 Server hoping that I could configure Software Retriction Policies. I think while looking around I accidentally opend the workstation policy instead. I am not sure how to get a copy of the GPO. Sorry, I have MCSE in NT4. I am trying to get classes approved for 2000/2003 this year.

I did do an authorative system state restore and all seems to be well now except...local group memberships are being overwritten. we have some apps that require poweruser rights on the local machine. when I aassign these rights they go away after a reboot. I haven't been able to find out how to fix this. never had this problem before.

thanks for your time.

David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back