Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I remove site system logon points

Status
Not open for further replies.

finchy36

IS-IT--Management
Sep 26, 2002
SE
Is there a way to remove site systems which have automatically been detected and configured as logon points by SMS. My site spans the UK however it exists in a large European active directory domain resulting in lots of domain controllers being detected. I don't need them in my SMS site and could do without the network traffic.

yeah, all you have to do is rebuild the domain controller and make it a member server. sms will automatically attach to all dc's in the domain and make them logon points

Thanks. Have checked in the SMS manual and there is no way of removing logon points - they are all automatically detected. Wierd though because my primary site originally showed all 30 odd DC's in the domain but now only shows itself as a logon point where as the secondary sites still show all the DC's.

Another approach would be to create a separate domain just for SMS. This has the side effect of needing the parent domain to allow the SMS Domain to be able to install the SMSLogon Point software on it's controllers.

If your domain is a fairly flat AD Domain, this wouldn't help much, though.

Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back