Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I pull up a check closed in Micros 3700 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShortyMc

Technical User
Apr 6, 2011
US
I want to access checks that have been closed (within the last 14 days) to see if all drinks served at the bar are being rung up. As far as I know, with the check number, I can reopen a closed check at any point throughout the shift, but once the end of day reports run, I don't have access to reopen any check from said day.... So recalling a specific check number (I obtained the check # by this sequence: Autosequences -Reports -Guest Check -Employee closed check) isn't always possible for me, i.e.: I go in Saturday and want to check Friday nights checks, but I can't because Micros closes Friday night out by 4 AM Saturday. And that's where I am so far...
Thank you in advance!!

There is no check audit utility, if thats what you are looking for. You can look through the logs with notepad or wintail.

We have a Micros 3700 as well. Do you have an alias on your desktop call "EJOrganizer?" Micros set us up with that when they did the install. That's what we use regularly to do research after the day is closed. Caught and fired someone of theft using that little gem.

Let us know. If you have it or get it installed per the previous reply, we can walk you through the rest.

I installed it last week and can't figure it out! Nothing populates. How do I configure it? Where can I find some instruction??! Thank you for any help!!

Hi Shorty,

Are you writing to journals? Check the following:

1) That in Devices you have Journal devices set up, they print to file and are stored on the server (say file path of .\Journals\Bistro.jnl)

Journals can be shared & based on location (as above) or for a specific workstation (.\Journals\WS02.jnl)

2) In the Workstations TAB, go to printers & select the journal device as above.

You should only need to open the file that is on the server.

Dr.Zogg,
Yes, everything is being written to journals. I went thru your last post and double checked..., but I can't bring them up on my PC/ "server". The Journals window opens and it's empty. Has you've ever seen that? Is that folder supposed to empty for whatever reason? Do you know how to get to the journals?

Are you using Transaction Analyzer? There's a Check View option on the print screen that might give you what you're looking for.

pmegan, My transaction analyzer is in "DEMO mode"---how can I change this?? I found it by accident, input my criteria, and realized why nothing was populating--DEMO mode! Ugh. Also, another member, MikeRose, responded to my original post and provided a link to EJOrganizer---are you familiar with this or any other electronic journal organizer? I've looked for instructions online and posted a question regarding the use of this organizer, with no fruitful returns. My goal is to see check detail for closed checks (within 14 days); we are in fact set up to print to journals, though when I open that file folder, nothing is in it...? ANY help would be appreciated! Thank you!

Hey Shorty,

I think DrZogg has it right; it sounds like transactions aren't being written to journal files. Or if they are they're writing to a different folder somewhere. They should be going to the \micros\res\pos\journals folder. Try using 2 dots in the path though (..\journals\journal_name.jnl). I think using 1 dot will try to print to \micros\res\pos\bin\journals. You can also remove any doubt and use \micros\res\pos\journals\journal_name.jnl

Transaction Analyzer is an add-on module, so you'd have to purchase a license code from your Micros dealership. We use it pretty extensively in my company, (a few preset configurations, ad hoc reports and a few Crystal Reports i wrote off the tables it uses), so it's worth it for us. It can also be set to keep transaction totals for reporting, (not POS Operations), past the 14 day limit which is pretty handy. It may be worth your time to get a demo from your dealer and see it it'll work for you.

Mike,

You don't happen to have the configuration password for EJOrganizer do ya ? That is an awesome utility!

Robert

azrobert -
I think the password is EJOrganizer.

shortymc -
what is the journal folder location you are opening that is empty?

Yup....
That was it... This is a great utility.... Question is why doesn't Micros have something like this ?

Do you know where it came from ? I couldn't find a whole lot on the company that wrote it. Seems to me that they would be trying to push something this usefull !!!

Micros does. Wade Holt wrote this when he was employed by MICROS of Colorado. Corporate MICROS has since bought that dealer and I have had MICROS account managers offer this up for free.

Wade wrote some really good stuff. He also came up with a GUI for modifying the OpsDisplayUser file. At least I think that was his. I used it when I worked for Micros NY back in the day so the timing is right.

pmegan - I would love to get a copy of the utility for modifying the OpsDisplayUser file. Is that something you can share?

Its just an encrypted file. I will upload it as a txt file, just modify & rename .cfg and it will still operate correctly.

This is where you can your own screen templates and change layouts (all pixel based, same as keyboard layouts in SIM).

Have a go at splitting a WS4 or WS5 touchscreen and making part of it a KDS. True

MikeRose,

thanks for the EOrganiser. I thought that such app does not exists but i guess i was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back