Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I provide conditional formatting to a chart series? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

altusdba

MIS
Jun 25, 2003
US
I'm trying incorporate conditional formatting to my chart series in CRYSTAL REPORTS 9.0 so that I can assign a specific color to a series result. For Example, If my series or data result is "FMC", I want to assign "Green" as its color to the bar chart. If the result is "PMC" I want to assign it "Yellow". I can change the colors in a chart but the colors appear to be assigned on a "first come first serve" basis.

Is conditional formatting for a chart series possible?

Thanks,
Altusdba

Hi Altusdba,
Yes in CRv9, Right click on the chart and go into chart expert, the options tab, the first frame is chart color, click on the button. A chart color format expert dialog box will appear. In the item editor, in the 1st dropdown select your series, in the next "is equal to" and in the last select the specific series you want to specify a color for.
In the format color section, select the color.
Click New to enter the next series.
Jacque

Jacque

Thank your for help! I didn't realize this feature was available. Our mgrs are real sticklers for certain colors. I tried it and the reports look good!

Thanks again,

Rudy
aka Altusdba

Hi Rudy,
You can also save your chart as a template, right click on the chart and look for save as template. You apply the template to the next chart you create and the formatting of the template is applied to your new chart.
Jacque

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back