Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I print a blank page when reports ends on even page number 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chelandrew

IS-IT--Management
Oct 8, 2001
US
Been messing with this for days now. Have two groups: inside group has a next page after which works fine. The outside group needs to print an additional page 'This page intentionally left blank' when the data for that group ends on a even page number. In other words, report must always end on an odd page number. I've tried remainder(pageNumber,2)=0 on the new_page_after for the outside group but it does nothing since this can be the end of the report(user can select all or one of the values that control the outside group). Seems this should a fairly routine request.

Create an empty report footer (very small) and ue the following formula to set the "NewPageAfter":

onlastrecord and
remainder(pageNumber,2)=0

This will ensure that the report ends on an odd page, with an empty page inserted if needed. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Ok, I got that working. The part I'm really having trouble with is printing the special 'This page intentionally left blank' page. Can't seem to trap what caused the new page, the formula or just normal report processing. If I can determine that, I think I could create another page header section and conditionally suppress/display based on this info.

I think you will need a variable. Something like this:

Set the variable to 1 in the page header and set it to 0 in the group footer. If the report footer prints and the variable is still 1, it is the only thing on the page. If it is 0, something else has printed on that page. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Not sure how to use a variable. Can't seem to reference it from other formulas unless I put it in a field. Actually, everything works ok except one condition. When the last record is the first detail line on the page then the conditional page header can't distinguish whether it was the last detail line from the previous page or the first line on the current page. Does this make any sense?

Finally got it working with variable and a few other formulas. Thanks for your help. If you'd like to see solution, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back