Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can I preview a CrystalReport from MS Access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgabriela

Programmer
Sep 16, 2002
CA
Hi, I have a report designed in CrystalReports 8.5 and I'd like to preview it with a mouse click on a button on a MS Access97 form.
Could you please help?
Thanks a lot!
Gabriela.

click on the more tools button, find crystal reports control and add it to your form set the destination propert to window, then on some event perhaps a button run code like below

Private Sub Command4_Click()
crviewer1.ReportFileName = "C:\Monthlyreports\eqnf.rpt"
crviewer1.PrintReport
End Sub

hi!
i did what you told me: i created a new form, inserted the crystal report control, but as soon as a start working with the control (just looking in the property window) i get a dr. wathson error and i'm kicked out access. i'm using access97, i have crystal reports 8.5 on my computer. which one do you think is causing the problem and i should reinstall? i'm on an nt workstation.

there is another control there, the crystal report viewer control. i tried to add that to my form. i didn't find the place to set the destination property to window and when i run the code i get the error message "object doesn't support this property/method" and the debug stops at this line:
crviewer1.ReportFileName = "C:\Monthlyreports\eqnf.rpt"

any advice...? thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back