Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can i partition my SATA HDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zawyenaung

IS-IT--Management
Apr 14, 2008
MM
hi,

i bought SATA Drive past week. I have partition magic 8 software also. I want to create a partition in my sata drive. but i can't do partitions.
My SATA drive is 320 GB. how can i make the partition on my SATA drive.

thanks,

Need more info from you...

How is this drive to be used?
Is it for a brand new system you're building?
Replacing an existing drive that's full/not functioning etc?
What operating system are you going to be using it with?

If, for example, you have a working XP system, then you could attached the drive (assuming the mobo has a SATA i/face) and use XP's Disk Management service to partition and format it. At the RUN command type diskmgmt.msc, select appropriate disk, partition and format.

ROGER - G0AOZ.

Hi ,
My system is not a brand new system. I already have a IDE HDD. My OS is window xp professional. My OS know the drive. also i can save files and check with diskmgmt.msc. but i can't partition my SATA HDD. I want to make at lease 3 partition on my SATA drive .
how can i make it?
Thanks,

If it is already partitioned, you'll have to delete the partition and then repartition it using XP HD Manager.

This is a Signature and not part of the answer, it appears on every reply.

This is an Analogy so don't take it personally as some have.

Why change the engine if all you need is to change the spark plugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back