Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I obtain BCM 400 4.0 installer image(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nibblesoft

IS-IT--Management
Oct 13, 2015
GB
Hi All.

Here's the scenario:

Our production BCM 400 system went down with hard drive failure. We were just inside of still being maintained by BT, who came in and fixed it. They explained none of the HDDs they use are new, but refurbs - and this one was another dreaded (in my experience) Maxtor Fireball. All is working and well, but I needed to ideally have a backup of that drive so we're not vulnerable in the future.

With the BT tech's blessing, I removed the HDD after he'd gone and did an Image State Backup with Acronis 2017, in a spare system I had with direct IDE connectors. This was using the bootable version of Acronis True Image. I made the backup to another drive, and all seemed to go well. No mention of sector errors. Having tried to attempt a recovery to a drive a day later, I'm told the archive is corrupted, even though I can go into invidual partitions under Windows and see files using the Acronis Explorer.

The long and short is, knowing how darn delicate these drives are having removed another one recently that went to the wall, I don't really want to mess around with removing the drive again now our support is finished, as they'll be no recourse. I cannot access the image files for the installation from Avaya, as I'm neither a vendor or have direct support with them.

Can anyone on here lend a hand to how I might be able to obtain BCM 400 version 4.0 installer images, should I need in the future? I also have aquired a second hand BCM400 off of ebay which I believe is licensed for version 4, but has no hard drive, so it we be awesome to obtain to make this good!

I hope it's ok to ask this on here, and apologise in advanced if I'm stepping outside of any rules.

Many thanks :)

Since your in the UK I suggest you contact these yahoo's for paid support.

They are the best UK Telecom guys in the business hands down.

Add me to LinkedIN

**New Allworx Forum**

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Thanks - I'll have a think, but it really would be great to me able to sort this myself, especially as I have a BCM200 and BCM400 spare, both of which work and I believe are licensed for 4.0 but just don't have the software installed.

Does anyone else have links that could guide me to a download for installer images for BCM OS 4.0 on a BCM 400?

Many thanks

Just realised that is the domain of FirebirdScrambler, who seems to have help out others on this one - so I'm dropping him an email now. Thanks for the recommendation :)

Thanks, Firebird.

Email received, and I'm really grateful for your help! :)

Many, many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back