Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I make the detail section fill the page 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Black007

Programmer
Apr 6, 2005
BE
I have an invoicing application and i want to draw a border around the detail lines of the report.

While printing the detail, I print the column lines of the invoice.

The problem is you can get approx. 50 lines on a report, but if the invoice only counts 10 lines, how can I fill up the rest of the detail section with 40 additional lines and complete the drawing of the column lines in these 40 additional lines ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
happy.gif

Here's one approach: Instead of creating the lines in the detail section, insert another page header section (b). Expand the page header section to fill the page and create lines that fill the page. Then go to the section expert and format the page header_b section to "Underlay following sections".

-LB

Thank you very much for the tip.
Works like a charm !!!

Have a nice weekend !!!!!

I am having the same issue.

I tried the above by expanding page header b to 2 inches, and it did not add anything to the bottom and PHb is not showing up on my preview at all.

A few unique things about my form:

-I have detail rows Da through Dq because I am hiding them based on having certain values in section expert
-I am using a blue background for each row
-I have a page footer at the end with details

I need to be able to have that solid blue backround fill from the last detail row to the page footer. I also need the form to consistently print on just one page, so expanding a detail row too much is not an option. But I need to allow for not all rows being there all the time. Thought I could use the above solution, but it did not help (or I did something wrong?)

any ideas?

Stephanie

Page header_b must be stretched to the length of the page--probably about nine inches. In the section expert, highlight PH_b->color tab->background color = blue. Also in the section expert, check "Underlay following sections" for PH_b.

-LB

Got it! Thanks!

Now I am getting a very small white line between the end of that and the start of the page footer. When I try to adjust the size, it tells me Page Header and Page Footer span larger than one page. My page h/F background colors are a dark blue. is there a way for me to get rid of the white line?

Stephanie

StepHanson,

I managed it this way with the help of Ibass his tip:
I've inserted only a group header just before the detail section and did draw the vertical lines in that space.
Then I marked the group for Underlaying the following sections.

I see what you mean. Instead of coloring the report sections, eliminate page header_b and insert a box that extends from the top of the page header (not extending into the report header) to the bottom of the page footer. Then right click on it->format box->fill->color->blue.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back