Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can i make the changes(insert or delete) to be displayed to all other users on differnt machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerbuilde

Programmer
Oct 2, 2010
EG
Hi,

when two users (from different machine) run my application - each user open window w1
one user insert new record then save it to database (commit)
this new record can not be displayed for the other user ( by using ScrollNextRow() or ScrollPriorRow() )
the new record display to other user if he close this window then re_open it . as he execute datawindow.retrieve()
how can i make the changes(insert or delete) to be displayed to all other users on differnt machine already open this window

You would have to set up a timer event on the datawindow to re-retrieve the data at some interval (x seconds for example).

Matt

"Nature forges everything on the anvil of time"

thanks Matt
but
when i re-retrieve data , any changes made by the user will be discarded(omitted) unless i forced the user to save the changes
but to force user to save changes that may be no completed yet , make user to be uncomfortable
also when i re-retrieve data i must retrieve to the record the user was on make over load on the program as it execute every x seconds

maybe refresh row by row the not modified rows and insert the new rows. or save the modified rows then retrieve and put back the midified rows...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back