Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I make Crystal forget old data?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan01

Programmer
Jun 14, 2001
US
I made a copy of a crystal report and wish to use it to pull data from a different table. First, I set the alias to the new name, then I set the location to the new table. I saved the report, and reopened it. On print preview, however, the old data shows up (even though I do not have save data with report checked). How can I expunge that old data forever! Thanks, Dan.

Have you tried clicking on the yellow lightening bolt to refresh the data?

You do not need to set an alias unless the table name has changed as well as thr location. Just set location and refresh. Software Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

The table name has changed because even though the field layout is the same, the data is different. In other words, it is a completely new report, where only the structure is the same. I wanted to use an alias first to set the field names in the report, and then set the location to the new table. But even after setting the location to the new table, the alias is still looking at the old table. Probably the graph is also looking at the old table. Thus the old data is somehow hanging on. Thanks, Dan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back