Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I make additional sets ring and be answered on internal calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

targis34

Vendor
Jul 14, 2003
CA
I have flash calling ext XXX at night. It is an emergency set. I know I can have external ringers but I want to have multiple extensions ring and be able to pick up those internal calls. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Couple of thougts...

Set up night ringing to include the sets you want to ring and don't have Flash answer right away....

Set up virtual answer DN keys on the desired sets, then include the virtual DN in a ringing group in night services; also to include your emergencey set. When night services are off the answer DN keys won't ring.

??
Cheers
PhM

Targis,
Sorry. Late night answer... ringing groups wont' work like this for your system. Principle is still good though. If you are prompting the emergency DN in a CCR tree and only want to prompt at night, then have the Virtual/answer DN as a xfer path in the CCR or Menu; move your prompt anouncements to the greetings so they can be timed to present required info; then when the path is chosen as presented at night only the answer DN will ring .. but it will ring on the phones you want.

One solution anyway.
Cheers
PhM

Thanks for the help guys
I got it to work. I made an answer DN on an old set at the equipment and had it ring across the paging system, Then programmed all sets in the plant to pickup for that ringing. Unfortuneatly it works at all times but that really wasn't a problem. As a matter of fact now the foreman always knows and can answer HIS calls from anywhere. Was a bonus for the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back