Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I make a title screen with moving binary like the matrix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattHimself

Technical User
Jan 27, 2003
GB
Anyone got any ideas on how I can make a title like the matrix with the binary shooting around all over it?

does anybody know how to use the 3d fog option in after effects i applied the effect to a black screen and made the fog white and it dindt show up so could you please tell me how to use it thank you

please don't post of topic threads... your post has been read elsewhere under your 3dfog question. If someone has any advice they will, or should, use that thread.

Thanks

on the matirix thing... my advice would be Don't!!!! been a bit done to death, really! especially as it is now a standard plug in on progs like Combustion...

And on people saying "dont do it". ignore them. Do what you wnat to do. Its your proejct. Make it "better" than "all the rest" by adding your own filters, and effects. Heck you might start something new.

NEVER LISTEN to anyone that says "dont". Sure, its overused. Half the crap I do day to day is overused. But thats how it is... someone innovates and others borrow. Thats most of my paycheck. The best way to learn (Siggraph convention speakers to my boss) say to watch commercials... record some... then emulate them. The more you do, the more techniques you actually carry out, the more tricks in your bag. Even do some lame effects... like the opening titles to Star Wars... prespective with an opacity mask... then try to improve on them.

sure, be inspired by what you see - but the most rewarding work I have done has come from an initial inspiration developing into experimentation, which has often led to results that I couldn't have predicted but were better than I could have imagined.

Other times I'll have an idea of some crazy style and in the process of trying to get there I'll again be surprised and come up with all kinds of new ideas. I keep these experiments and use them to give my clients examples of what I'd like to do for them.

In short, AE has so many features and unlimited combinations of effects that you could spend a lifetime just playing around and coming up with new ways of using what already exists. So, my ADVICE, and it was only advice nothing more, was to play around and I’d like to encourage people to be innovators rather than imitators. It's only my advice. I'd personally rather be original.

Apologetically,
John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back