Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I make a moving background

Status
Not open for further replies.

yassersaleh

Programmer
Nov 29, 2001
IT
Hello
How can I make a moving background in director
For example a space in the background moving and the sprites in the front
Or a waves in the back
Or something like this
Can u help me

how much experience do you have with Director? Based on the question I am thinking you are rather new to it. The first question is do you know how to make the animation you want? If you know how to make your animation then its rather easy, if not I would start working through tutorials.

Director works on layers so all you need to do is make your animation behind your front sprites. You can use film loops to reduce the number of frames required. To make a film loop select all the frames and sprites you want in your film loop then drag them into a cast window. Film loops can be a major pain but most the time they do what you need.

If you need more info just post again.

Not to put you down horrid, but it's just that this forum isn't labelled (novice to advanced director), it's just 'Director'. All sorts of people will have all sorts of problems. Directing them (no pun intended) to the appropriate tutorials or resources is the least you can do.

While yassersaleh's question was very basic, pointing him to a resource was all you needed to do. ----------------------------------------
"I got a fevah... and the only prescription is more cowbell!"

Aye, its true, of course that would require me to know where to find such a tutorial to start with and I wouldn't have a clue, I haven't used Dictor in months..closer to a year I would say. I'm doing my best to help people with what I remember off the top of my head.

Perhaps you could post such a link, its the least you could do.

I'll help Dan out..er..I mean Joyrex,

Here is a good example of how to make a star field in director. Not my code (no time to root through source files for my own space animation) but a good example nonetheless.

download the 'galaxy.zip' file (2nd from the bottom) or just click on this link to get it

Hope this is what your looking for.

3Y3

Here is a basic form

Put the image that you want for background a sprite
Stablish the inital position and final position of it (as flash) at the score window
from:window:librarypalete:navigation choose "play frame X" and drag it in to "script" row at the score window
a window will apear fill the data in the atributes
and run it
finetune at your taste

Remember those "action" will be at the cast member and if you drag it again from the library palete you will have 2 o more behaviors stored, don´t do that ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back