Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I make a 3904 DN go directly to voice mail but have the user still be able to make calls out 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BStephens

MIS
Jun 20, 2005
US
I have a phone that I want to ring directly to voice mail (ext 7555) but still be able to make calls out from the phone. Is this possible?

How would I do that on the switch? I don't want someone to be able to turn off the forward from the phone.

I think you can build the DN on another TN (make it MARP), plug a phone in and forward it to voicemail....then unplug it... the original phone should still work, but all incoming calls are routed to voicemail due to the all call forwarding on the unplugged TN. You will waste a TN however....
30n30w

But the question is - What exactly are you trying to accomplish?
The easy answer is to just change the DN on the phone and put the original DN on a phantom that DCFW's to mail.
If the outgoing CLID matters then you can either block it entirely or create a special CLID entry for external calls.

Set an AOM on the phone in software
Add a CFW key on a KEY that does not exist in hardware
Remote Call Forward the Phone
Make sure LD17 CFWS is set to Save Forward on Reload.

~~
Gene at www.GHTROUT.com

I think you caould add a Make Set busy key to the phone and this way thaey can control when the calls go to VM or they answer.

With make set busy, my phones dont ring, but the line still flashes and i can pick up the call.

I do not want to make it any longer this thread but I have a question... I am using 1140E with CS1K 7.
When I setup make set busy key on the phone. and when I activate... it does not flash and it goes directly to voice mail.

TigerV said that it flash instead of going to voice mail ... how you do that.. I love to know.

In sum, what I searching to do is when I press make set busy or any other key possible. People still can call call me and I can answer if I want otherwise it's goes to voice mail and it should be ring less. (flash on the screen without any sound)

Thank's

Learning is not enough, you have to apply it...

Sigh... sorry.

If you want MSB to make your line go silent but still flash, make sure your DN appears more than one time in the system. Simply add another appearance of your DN on your phone. It is that easy.

If you want to quiet your phone - such as when you are in a meeting. Just "take the phone off hook", I mean, let's not over complicate this. Think.

If you want MSB Key to make your line go somewhere, then back up - just forward your phone using CFW.

~~
Gene at www.GHTROUT.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back