Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can i look at others email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

utvols20

IS-IT--Management
Nov 4, 2005
US
I'm running exchange 2003, and was wondering how i can bring up other workers email. The only way i thought was to just reset their password in active directory and then login to their computer, but isnt all the email saved on the server? thanks for the help!

Now whay would you want to do that? You might want to review your Company's privacy policy.

You can give your account full control of the Mailbox Store in Exchange System Manager...then add mailboxes to your Outlook profile

is that the only way? I've always wanted to know how to do this.

also how would you go by of blocking certain websites...i've been wanting to kno how to do these 2 things. I'm the only IT guy at my office, so i really have no one to ask. thanks for your help.

Thats the easiest way. You could have users share out their inbox and etc.

For web blocking, I would look at content filtering software. We use SurfControl. You could also create host files to block specigic sites but that would be pretty time consuming.

Oh. So to block sites you couldnt setup something in the router or firewall?

Depending on the Firewall, yes you could go that route as well. A lot more work though

i'm using a WatchGuard Firebox II...is there any tutorials about this anywhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back