Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I locate Tivoli rules on a client

Status
Not open for further replies.

squash

MIS
May 21, 2001
US
I have been tasked with a project to gather the rules set for Tivoli on many servers in our portfolio.

I do not have ready access to the Tivoli team whom I am sure could get this info with ease.

I do have full access to the Linux servers running tivoli.

Is there a flat file or command I can run to export the tivoli rules on a particular server?

I know very little about Tivoli and could use some pointers here.

As always we thank you for your support
Doug

Which particular product in the Tivoli suite this is related to ?

I am assuming you are referring to Tivoli monitoring. As far as I know rules are not defined on the endpoints (servers) themselves. You would have to engage your Tivoli team for this information

I am fairly new to Tivoli other than assisting with troubleshooting if it is running.

All of the servers I manage are running Websphere 6.x on Linux servers.
NDM/APP/WEB tier's

I did take the advice of contacting a Tivoli team here at American express and they sent me multiple spread sheets with the data I need.

Now I have hours ahead of me to try to comprehend what it all means.
Most is simple CPU usage, File space % used, etc.

You were correct that the data I need is not on each server but just a small client that runs on the server.

I will close out this thread, thank you both.

As always we thank you for your support
Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back