Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I keep callers from being charged while in Queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtastic

Technical User
Jun 26, 2012
US
I have callers from the UK that get charged per minute when they call into my call center. This isn't a problem except when there are no available agents and they are sitting in a call Queue. To prevent them being charged when they don't even get to talk to someone we have in the past just had callers from the UK ring into a hunt group instead of being put into a queue (handle it in cucm instead of uccx). We would like to change this.

Does anyone have any good ideas on how this can be done? Doesn't the carrier consider the call answered as soon as it transfers into UCCX and gets put into a queue? Is there any way to avoid this?

I'd appreciate any advice or suggestions.

If your company has an 800 number that is not asscioated to the Queue, they can call that numnber then be transfered.
I believe there is a way to route those calls by trunk or "area/country code" and "prioritize" them higher for the queue, sorry i am not that knowable about "routing".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back