Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I get software keys for companion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hobbist

Technical User
Mar 14, 2003
US
I am installing two companion base stations on my MISC 4.1 XC and it is asking for software keys con anyone tell me how to go about getting these?

Thanks

Hobbist,
Are you in Canada or the U.S.?

PhM

I am in the US with a MICS 4.1 XC NA

Hobbist,
We are in Canada where no codes are needed. I think you will have to contact your vendor.

PhM

Thanks Arr,
I also have a canadian XL 1.0 software, but because of the difference in the NA base stations i get a SW error when I try to put the base stations in service.

Does anyone know who I can contact to get companion software keys, and if there is a cost?

Thx

Hobbist,
Your US base stations won't work with Canadian software and vice versa. The operating frequencies and RF output are different too.

Good Luck
PhM

Hobbist,
There is definitely a cost, first off what part of the U.S. are you in? I haven't had to deal with Companion too much, so I'm not sure what exactly is involved I've only worked on them after they've already been installed. I do know that keycodes need to be purchased, though. You may want to find a Nortel Vendor in your area to help you out.

Thanks Roldan.
I'm in California, I have the UTAM code that has been accepted, and I have the companion labels which lists the number of portable credits, I even have activation codes, but the MICS may not be the original system ID thus it wont accept the activation codes.

Is there a way to get new codes based on the old ones?

BTW can I get a copy of the alarm codes.

tektip@tgrant.net

Thanks

hobbist,

Have you tried reavaluation yet. You have to do this after you enter any codes. Also need to do if you change base-stations or handsets.

Good Luck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back