Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can i get microsoft project and outlook working together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KarlBenz

Technical User
Dec 13, 2012
GB
how can i get project to send tasks to resources in outlook?

thanks

Hi,
Not out of the box, no. Are you using Project server or stand-alone?

just stand alone, we are wanting to use it as a project planner and i just wanted to make it that i could add a task and the resource/person assigned to this would automatically be sent the task, we are all in one building and there are only 6 of us. im wondering if there is another programme that would be better?

There may be some third party add-ons available but this is not natively built in to Project. Are you, by chance, using SharePoint? SharePoint does have some light-weight task tracking capacity and everyone should be able to see the task list in SharePoint.

There is nothing native in MS Project but you could do this using VBA code and a custom field. You could also look at I've no idea how good it is, but it claims to do the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back