Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can i get looping movie clips reset prematurely 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2001
US
i have a looping ( 10 frames) movie clip of some flowing gas through a pipe. during execuation, whenever another tween finishes around it (say, a shape tween for a mask), the gas loop starts from frame 1 again creating an annoying stutter. How do I keep that looping movie clip smooth?

I've noticed this problem a lot in other movie clip loops as well.

okay, looks like it's only looping animations within a mask that reset.

It appears at every point during the mask's timeline that there's any change, any looping within animation restarts from its first frame.

Still don't know why it happens nor how to get around it.

Confusion! Can you post a link to your .fla or mockup replicating the problem in a MX only format (not MX2004), and zipped up?

Regards. Affiliate Program - Web Hosting - Web Design
After 25,000 posts, banned on FK, but proud not to have bowed down to them!

But your clips should be the same length. If you make it a 100 frames long with your tween starting at 50, then it doesn't reset anymore, no?

Regards. Affiliate Program - Web Hosting - Web Design
After 25,000 posts, banned on FK, but proud not to have bowed down to them!

i don't think I'm making myslef clear in this example

I want the red oval to continue rotating while the mask changes. But every time the mask changes, the rotating oval animation starts over. (or am I only seeing the "stutter" on my end?)

I want the oval to continue rotating smoothly. Making the oval's animation longer is not going to help.

okay, i've tried animating the mask as a movie clip and keyframes within the movieclip still trip the the masked movie clip to start over.

Hmmm.. I tried clicking on your link and got the following error:

"The file type you have requested (fla) is invalid

okay i see what you did. Now suppose there's button on frame 1. Also suppose the flash movie is paused at frame 1 until the user clicks the button.

Since the red oval continues its loop even while the movie is paused at frame 1 you would still run into the stuttering probem because it's unlikely the user will click the button at the begenning of the red oval's loop.

This is the problem I face.

oddly enough, this problem does not occur if you use a symbol for your mask instead of a shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back