Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I forward the operator phone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

chipig

Technical User
Nov 8, 2007
CA

Hi, we have a IPS 2000.

I would like to forward all calls made to the operator to another station but it is not working.
The operator is using a SN-716.

Here is what I have tried in MOC:

E600>E000
DATA ERROR

Is this something I can do?

You cannot forward a console! You can add a mode A or mode B similar to night mode that will redirect the calls and if they are redirected in this way, the phone they are redirected to can be forwarded elsewhere.

What about if I remove the console completly and use a regular station as the operator phone.

You can make 0 a single digit station and build it as a phone.

I already have a virtual station assigned to 0 but it does not forward calls...
Here is my settings:

11>0264:0-
E600>0:2300-

Am I missing something?

Right so whilst you may have programmed it as a virtual, in the numbering scheme it is still an operator call, hence you can't forward it. if it was an extension number (which you could forward) it would be set as 801 in command 200. However if you set it to 801 the operator won't get the calls!

You can switch to a Dterm as an alternative to a console but there would be a lot of programming changes required (an up side would be that it can be in a call pickup group). A simpler solution would be the additional mode I suggested earlier but it's your choice, If you decide to get rid of the console, I would recommend getting a tech in unless you are really conversant with programming.

Command 200 was exactly what I was looking for.If I set 0 to 801 it is working.
I do not mind losing the attcon, because I want to forward the calls to another system.

Thanks once again for your great help!

OzzieGeorge,

Could you elaborate on the setting up and use of A and B modes? We need to forward the operator console to another station for a couple hours in the evening.

Thanks

I do not know anything about A or B mode but my config is the folowwing:

200>0:801-

E600>0:2491-

2491 is a regular Dterm.

Ok

So mode A and mode B are the same as night service and in commend 76XX you can digit translate the incoming DID to go to a different number see Cmd 7603 and 7604. Also check Cmd 3040 and 3041 for the terminating system in these modes. The thing you need to remember is that this is for incoming calls only, if you really need to handle internal calls this is a different matter. Using the digit translation you can even send calls to a virtual which can be forwarded to an external number if needeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back