Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can I find out what graphics card is built into the mother board? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

msnTom

Technical User
Sep 15, 2003
US
I was given a pc that says "Platinum XP" on the Clear Blue Sided case, no hard drive,no modem and all the wires pulled out.I put a 40GIG WD in and installed win98SE. Which loads minimal Drivers.Which has the screen locked at 480x640
My Problem is that there are no markings I can find, therefore I cannot find or install the correct driver. Having always copied drivers and files to floppy....Yes floppy. And since I formatted about every 6 mo. I've never had this problem rear it's ugly head before.
SYSTEM INFORMATION THAT I CAN DEVINE OR GUESS
Name on Case: PLATINUM XP...
CPU:AMD1300mhz... TVIEW 3.1 Video/Audio capture card...
THINGS I'VE ADDED: DVD,CDRom,Floppy, 2 speakers.
I'd Like to find out about this "system"
What Graphics Card and Sound Card (no markings either) and where I can get DRIVERS for them and also for an NC100 Verrsion 2.1 Ethernet Card...

Any Information or Help Would be Welcome.....msnTom

P.S. I've got an Original Win 95 on Floppy and an IBM Laptop. If anyone is in need.

P.S.S. msn8 won't install on newly installed win98SE, however msn7 will and you can wade thru the 16 colors and grainy screen, to install the driver. Thanks Again, msnTom

Is it possible to look at the mainboard and find the manufacturer. At the Manufacturers homepage you will find more infos.

Prof1949 is correct! What you need to do is ID the motherboard. Find out what the brand and the model number is;

You can do this by looking at the screen where it does a memory count and shows what speed CPU you have this is called the POST screen. Nothe the model number, this should be written before the BIOS version number. The other way to do it is to take the cover off and take note of all the large writing on the motherboard.

Here is a good e.g.:

There are 3 cream coloured plastic PCI slots on this motherboard, above the first one from the top you can the following printed "MS-6368 Ver.6".
The "MS6368" is the model number and the "Ver.6" tells us it is the 6th version of this motherboard.

Some motherboards also have the manufacturers name on the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back