Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can i execute function in reports 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

faizeq

Programmer
Jul 17, 2003
MY
Im a bit confused on the capability of oracle form builder.. can i run functions.. i'm currently trying to figure out how to get my function to return a value onto a blank field on my report.. how can i attain such feats can anyone show me an example coding of such.. thanks in advance.. :(

You can use simple SQL in the Report and call the function in the query ( if the function is a database function).

Other wise u can create a formula column in the report builder and write a function which would return some value.
You can use the formula column as a column in ur report.

Hope this helps!

P.S. Try to give a little detail of what u want.

Thanks for the fast reply zeelovesu.. :)
its like this, ive been trying to get a function to run in the report where as i could produce a value into an oracle report field from data of a databse.

For example.. my function is an interpreter.. such as a digit to word currency converter. I would like to have the value gain from database with number to be interpreted into another field that ive created in oracle report. Thus enabling a dynamic report that interprate values to a predefined body report field.

i did read your explanation on formula column ..how may i do thta ? ;)
Your help is greatly appreciated.. Thanks

Hi Faizeq

You can use formula column in the report builder to get data from a column or no.of columns of table or tables.
You can perform some Operation on the database column
and return the value and u can then display this value in the report.

The report will be totally dynammic.

The Formula column can be used just as table column in a report.

You can get help in the help menu.
Just type formula column.
There are also some example in it as well.

Thanks again for the wonderfull tips zeelovesu... i owe u alott..ill try to get a crack on it pronto... U da man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back