Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I do this in Premiere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alegator

Instructor
Aug 28, 2006
AR
I have this 2 hour, 26Gb DV-AVI NTSC file that I captured using Premiere Pro 2. Now I want to create movie clips (16 in total) using Premiere. The way I did it is by dragging the captured file onto the Source monitor, marking the In and Out points for a given clip, drag the marked clip from the Source monitor onto the Timeline Sequence and then File/Export/Movie..., doing this 16 times for each of the 16 clips marked. Now my question is: is there a way of doing this in a one-click process? For example, is it possible to mark ALL In and Out points for all 16 clips simultaneously and then somehow have Premiere generate all correspopnding movie clips in a single sesssion? If so, how? Thanks.

Not in Premiere. Your method is the only available way.

But if you have a registered copy of Scenalyzer Live, you can do this rather more easily using the slip clip feature. See

Another way would be to batch export subclips to movies, is this possible in Premiere? Final Cut Pro has the batch export for clip rendering.

As you have already read on another forum, you might be able to work this through the Project Manager. Otherwise, maybe a good trawl though the manual will give you a better feel for the facilities on offer.

Glad you sorted it. We all have something to learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back