Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I do Page total?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Hello,

I have created a report in Powerbuilder, How can I do accumulated page total. Means if the first page total is 10 then page 2 total would be 10+page 2 total and so on.. I have write down sum(field for all) but it show complete total on first and every page... Any help

Thanks is Advance

Lue

Lue,

In your datawindow click on the Insert Menu on the toolbar and choose Control. Then scroll down until you find "Page n of n" and place it where you want on your datawindow. That should do exactly what you are looking for.

Dan

Hello,

Sorry for the confusion, actually that was not my question.
I have a field Total_amt on my datawindow. In summary tab I did total of this field Sum(total_amt for all). My question is if the total of total_amt on first page is 10 than total of total_amt on page-2 should be 10+ total of page-2 total_amt. This is call cumulative page total. How can I do in powerbuilder.

Thanks

Hello,

You can use the function sum(total_amt) in the summary band. It will automatically sum up each page.

Ashok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back