Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can i display the company name on the Phone display

Status
Not open for further replies.

dlesap

Programmer
Aug 18, 2003
GB
Hi

How can i display the company name on the screen of a 7960?
I run CUCM 6.0

Thanks

internaly you can make it say anything you want, but on external calls you need to contact you telco

Hope this helps.

Sorry i guess my question was not clear:
On an idle display i want to show the name of MY company
It is possible to have a company logo using xml file but i want an easiest solution please...

Thanks a lot to advise

You can use the Line Text Label. When blank, it just shows the extension number next to the line button. But you can put in the company name followed by the extension, such as "Company Name 1234". To the end user, it will appear as though the company name is being displayed right next to their extension.

Drawback to this is you need to manually update your phones and make sure you fill out that field on any new phone. It's also not the most visible solution.

You have to install a background image on the server. Then select it for each phone.
The background image installation and file size depends on the system version and phone types. CCO has step by step instructions on how to do it.

Hi, how about this?

telephony-service

system message My Company 123.

ummm... telephony-service is used in the CME, not the CUCM 6.x (which is server based and not router based)

------------------------------------
Dallas, Texas
Telecommunications Tech
CCVP, CCNA, Net+

CCNP in the works

Hi HmmG3

Isn t it possible to put the company name at the top of the screen above the Line Text?

In theory where the phone mask is, you might be able to get it to say something. On CCM 6.1, it won't let you put any alphanumeric characters in that field, but you can always try with CME. Fortunately we use 7941s so pushing a background image looks much better and allows for a full company name and logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back