Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How Can I disable Minimize button?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajrey

MIS
Feb 25, 2002
US
Hello all! Is there a way to disable the minimize button for Internet Explorer? Im working with GPEdit and there is no option for this. This PC is Windows 2000 Professional and is for Internet use only. I dont want users to be able to minimize the screen. I already disable the close option but users can still minimize.

Is there a way to do this?

Thnx

Just make IE the shell and be done with it,,,,when the PC bots you will get the normal logon screen, once credentials are entered IE will open

no desktop, no explorer, no control panel....then use gpedit to lock done explorer so the USERS cannot change homepage, access internet options at all if ya like...crap, if they need email use outlook.exe as the shell and tell em to surf the web using outlook.

Cheers,

J

oh yeah----if you realy need to disable the minimize buttons you may need to use code to do it--vbscript would be my best guess but I'm not a coder so....

Jatcan

On top of al that try these also:

set the policie through gpedit and launch iexplorer with -k
this will launch in kiosk mode

Cheers!

jatcan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back