Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I create tears on a face as if it is crying? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattHimself

Technical User
Jan 27, 2003
GB
I have a photo of a face and I am trying to create tear drops on it as if it is crying. I know photoshop pretty well so anyone got any ideas how to do this?
Thanks

Texturally speaking, a tear would only alter the light reflection characteristics of the skin underneath, not the color. You could easily use photoshop's layer effects for this.

1. add a new layer for the tear streak
2. create a bezier path for where the streak should go
3. stroke the path with a dark, solid brush with the width of the tear.
4. set the layer blend to "screen" so the black becomes transparent
5. set your layer effect to "bevel/emboss" and experiment with the reflections.

On a water drop there's also the shadow of the water so you might darken the underlying skin a little where the streak goes.

You could add a second layer with just an oval for the teardrop, repeat the above, and spherize the underlay to simulate refraction.

Water droplets act as lenses so a little highlight on the skin surface under the tear would enhance the 3-d look.

Thanks a ton. I understand all of that except the bezier path bit.Cud u explain it please?Thanks so much.

Click on Help in the toolbar.

Then click on PhotoShop Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back