Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I create a permanent NAT entry for a client?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeneralDzur

Technical User
Jan 10, 2005
US
Hey guys,

Basically I want a client to be able to connect to a web service, but when he's behind NAT it throws off the connection because he always gets a different port number. How do I fix that? I'd like to lock in a certain port number for his traffic coming off the Internet so I can setup the program on his computer to listen for traffic on that port only.

can that be done?

- stephan the confused

So you mean your client will have some kinds of services hosting behind NAT, right?

And how many public IP addresses did your ISP give you?

We only have one public IP (81.31.xx.xx)and right now I have it set to do Dynamic NAT with Overload.

I need to have a constant, reliable IP/Port for outside clients to connect to the interal client on.

- Stephan

Assuming it is a web service (port 80) then do this:

ip nat inside source static tcp 192.168.0.5 80 171.68.1.1 80 extendable

at the end of the last octet just specify 80 for web - for RPD or remote desktop it would be 3389 etc...

Yes, the link worked (ROUTERKID1)

Thanks guys, as usual you're a huge help sans any condescending comments (like other forums.)

- stephan the grateful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back