Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can i connect MS Access database to WebFOCUS? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanleyang

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2003
PH
im currently having a problem of connecting MS Access database to WebFOCUS. Im suppose to produce reports using WebFOCUS that gets its data from an Access database. it seens that WebFOCUS doesn't detect the MS Access database. kindly reply on how i should approach this problem..thanks you

Create an ODBC data source for Access and create a synonym for it.

There are different ways to create a synonym. One way is
to go to the WebFOCUS server console and creat it from there. The console looks different depending on release, but look for adapters.

i tried what u had suggested, but i have a problem, what will i type the 'owner' text box and the other text box? i already made my odbc connection name 'localDSN' with the access table name 'tempdb'

what can u suggest for me to do in order for me to make it work with MS access

Did you try leaving the Owner text box and the Table Name text box empty and clicking the Select Tables button? This should let you see everything in Access. What error are you getting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back