Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

how can i connect between call sucssion 1000 and meridian norstar

Status
Not open for further replies.

eng3alaa2299

Technical User
Oct 30, 2008
SA
Dear All;

how can i connect between call sucssion 1000 and meridian norstar. to appear as one system.

Regards
Ala'a

Hi Dasheen;
but there no voip facilites in norstar. that because i want to connect between it and CS 1000.
Regards
Ala'a

It's a piece of h/w. If one site has a Norstar and the other uses a PBX and you want to say 4-digit dial between the two u can use this and your data network.

U may also be to use a point-point T1.

Others may have suggestions.

I agree with Dasheen is a good option is your succession has VOIP trunks available. The norstar VOIP gateway has FXO ports that connect to the analogue trunk ports on the norstar. To the norstar its just another trunk connection, all of the VOIP configurations are done on the VOIP gateway.

Regards,
clarence

Thanks
grifc

Of course you also have the route (although one that offers no CLID) or connecting analog station lines on the PBX to trunk lines on the Norstar. Of course you would have to be able to cable betweenthe two systems, but you didn't say if they were in seprate buildings.

--
Fletch

Nortel Emergency Services PLM

Don't forget about the FREE E911 Webinar Oct. 30th!
Register online at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back