Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can i configure offline Outlook?

Status
Not open for further replies.

unsworthcl

IS-IT--Management
Mar 22, 2005
GB
My boss is going to china and wants to use he laptop on the plane to read messages, delete items, reply to emails, create tasks etc.. How would I configure his outlook client on his laptop to synchronise his changes when he is online to the our remote server. Do I have to enable Cache mode? If so is it necessary to download all his email and private folders?

When setting up your Outlook Profle, simply click the "used exchange cached mode" when putting in the exchange server name and user. This keeps a copy on the server and your hard drive. It will synch changes on either end once the client and server hook back up.

Yes, enable cached mode. To update his emails on the move you'll need to enable RPC over HTTP/s which needs Exchange 2003 configured to use it. Then any Internet access will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back