Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I collect INCOMING ani information?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 17, 2001
US
I have a definity G3R7i system with BCMS. I have been able to integrate via foxpro to capture OUTGOING ani information into a database. However I am wanting to collect INCOMING caller ani information, calling number, date, time, etc. This will allow us to compare when people call during closed hours and then call back when we are open. I see no way to get this but I can't believe that our highly overpriced system has not the capability to collect this information for downloading. Please respond to: rob.sutton@sundance.net

If you set record outgoing calls on the system cdr form. And if the outgoing trunks are set for CDR you should get outgoing information in your CDR output.

Right, he's getting the outgoing, he's looking for incoming and to get that I believe we need to start talking about PRI unless we're looking at a situation where outside callers are using 800#s and then your service provider should already be providing you with the data in paper format, it's just a matter of asking for it on disk. Also, again if we're talking 800, many service providers offer the data semi real time on the web. As for the PRI route, that will give you incoming ANI but I'm unfamiliar with Avaya's call center software which I think you would need in order to collect the data in a comprehensible format, please correct me if I'm wrong on that.

Guess we need more information. Do you see the ANI on the phone display? Are you using the same trunk group for both inbound and outbound? CDR should see it if its there.

If you are able to receive the ANI of incoming calls (e.g. you see incomming ANI in the display of you phone terminals or you can use the incoming ANI within vectoring) you should set the system that CDR is also captured for incoming calls. This can be done on the SYSTEM CDR form.
Commands available are display en change SYSTEM CDR.

BCMS Will not collect this information nor will CMS. Lucent (Avaya) has a product called Explorer II wich databases this info. Basicly Cradle to Grave reporting. It's expensive but so is everything else.

CMS will collect this information, it's in the call record table. If CLI/ANI is withheld by the caller then it will display the port number the call arrives on. Call records are limited unless you have the external call history upgrade, but depending on your traffic you may find it sufficient. When I'm back in my call centre I'll be able to find the field name as well... :)
JDE

if I am not mistaken there is a settung in the trunk set up screen to display incoming ani info. José

Please let me know if this was helpful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back