Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

How can I clean up some drive space BCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

againwiththis

Programmer
Aug 7, 2007
US
Recently upgraded from 3.7 to 4.0 and now getting low disk space alarms.

How can I go into the drive and clean up some old files?

I hear there is a "daily password" for drive access. If I can get an old one, can I just change the date on the BCM to match? Anyone got a password to share?

Thanks.

I would search the Nortel site with the alarms and see if there is a procedure for opening up some space on the drives.

All patches and upgrade files were once left on the bcm hard drive after execution. Not sure if they corrected this but I would assume they should have. you can telnet in and look into the hard drive partitions they have folders labeled temp etc. just take it slow, don't get delete happy. Otherwise Nortel 2nd level can help you, as for the pasword for VNC it is alogritym generated by Nortel

He upgraded it to 4.0, no more telnet or VNC access.

If you have a FTP server handy, you can push the CDR files to the FTP server. Make sure you check the 'delete files after transfer' option. Thats the only way I know of to free up space on a 4.0 system.

How do I go about "pushing the CDR records"? I do have an FTP client that I use for upgrading firmware on i2211 phones. Will that work? FTP is FTP, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back